Monday, June 2, 2014

It's Not A Big Deal, Collider.com, But Dammit It's James Fucking Cameron! - Minor Typo

Am I nitpicky? Has this lost it's charm? I mean I get it, it's just an apostrophe. Who cares? I'm sure Collider.com gets way more page views than my rinky-dink blog. Who am I to point out their faults? Should I not be more preoccupied with the wooden plank in mine own eye? Well I'm not. I fucking care. A lot.

Here's the article in question.

First, let me tell you something: James Cameron wrote and directed some of the best sci-fi films of my childhood. If he can make a glowing CGI water-serpent in the 80's, then the people at Collider.com can have an intern proofread this shit before hitting "Publish" on their goddamn blog.




Do you need me to walk you through this? You take out the apostrophe and it says, "These direct to video movies that we are so sleazy." In what regional English dialect does that make any sort of remote fucking sense? Huh? Did your subconscious join the conversation for a second to tell the world how sleazy you are? Is that what happened?

Look, I get it. You're up at 3AM working on no sleep, you're on your fifth cup of coffee, and you got a 8 o'clock deadline for a boss who would fire you if the next six idiots in line for your job weren't even more illiterate than you are. I get it. 

I'm sorry, I don't want to be angry. Just, can you do me a favor? For a moment, could you pretend you're in high school all over again and read your shit out loud? It'll make the world a better place for everyone.

Cool, now get out of here and go write some more crap for me to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment